LA Market Week is almost here! Every year, the LA Fashion District hosts five market weeks that occur in January, March, June, July, and October. The last Market Week for 2017 will be October 9 to 12, and it will feature Spring 2018 collection launches from the hottest designer brands and showrooms.
The Market Week tradition goes back to 1970 when journalists were invited to independent events previewing new designer collections. Today, a community of fashion designers and professionals work to produce cohesive events that are attended by enthusiastic retailers and buyers. If you’re hoping to get a sneak peek of LA Market Week and the runways filled with new Spring collections, we have the lowdown on what you can expect. With the Fashion District being only minutes from our South Park apartments, we at WREN are quite familiar with all the excitement!
October’s Vendors and Show Areas
*Image from LA fashion district’s Website
It’s impossible for us to list the thousands of brands that will be participating in Market Week venues, but what we can do is list some of the key show areas within the California Market Center, the trade show hub of the LA Fashion District:
- Coeur, the premier home and lifestyle show of LA Market Week, will be held in Penthouse 13A and will showcase gifts, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and accessories.
- The not-to-be-missed ALT tradeshow will be held in Penthouse 13B and will unveil top-of-the-line healthy and active lifestyle collections.
- The TRANSIT show will also occur in Penthouse 13B and will exhibit the chicest footwear and accessories for women, men, and kids.
- The Capsule trade show will reveal this year’s hottest women’s apparel and accessories in Penthouse 13C.
- The LA Men’s Market trade event will fill Pavilion on 10B with sophisticated menswear.
- Floor 6A will be home to the LA Kids Market, which will offer comprehensive collections of the best kids and maternity brands.
- Both SELECT and EMERGE will take place in the Fashion Theater during LA Market Week. SELECT will feature carefully selected brands only available in DTLA. EMERGE will spotlight fresh, emerging brands within SELECT.
- Contemporary Curves at the CMC will showcase collections completely focused on providing buyers and retailers with the top plus size brands.
- CMC is also hosting several other showrooms in various spots that will feature contemporary men’s, women’s, children’s, and home collections.
You must Register!
*image for LA fashion district’s website
It’s important to remember that Market Week is for trade-only! Buyers and retailers will be required to register at each building with proof of a business license and tax I.D. In some situations, participants will also need to bring a business card. For access into the CMC, attendees will be asked to present additional documents related to their businesses.
LA Market Week and Its Past
It’s worth noting that experiencing just one Market Week doesn’t mean you’ve experienced them all. Obviously, each event showcases new collections and brands, but what’s also notable are the various themes that dictate what kinds of collections will be featured. For example, during the July 2017 Fashion Week, brands and designers debuted their Holiday/Resort (aka Cruise) collections.
The LA Fashion District is just one reason why WREN Apartments is proud to be in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. We’re also thrilled to be under a mile from L.A. Live, the sports and entertainment district that surrounds Microsoft Theater and STAPLES Center. Plus, many of downtown’s premier shops, restaurants, and cultural institutions are right near us.
Being in an ideal location in South Park, DTLA has helped us to create a balanced lifestyle for our residents. When they’re not out and about exploring one of the liveliest cities in the world and hitting up things like LA Market Week, they’re able to retire to an amazing apartment community! WREN boasts incredible amenities and gorgeous apartment homes that create a comfortable and convenient living experience while promoting a modern and vibrant lifestyle.