Live At WREN: Apartments Near the Staples Center
Do you frequent the Staples Center? Are you a big Lakers Fan? Like the Clippers? The Kings? See a lot of concerts?
Since it was built in 1998, The Staples Center has become one of the premier entertainment venues in the western US. They’ve hosted seven NBA Finals series with the Lakers, 2 Stanley Cup Finals, three WNBA Finals, and a handful of UFC pay-per-view fights. It also hosted the 2000 National Democratic Convention, and since 2000 it’s been home to both the Latin Grammy Awards and the Annual Grammy Awards.
It’ll suffice to say that the Staples Center always has excitement in store for its visitors, which is why many folks are clamoring to find apartments near Staples Center in South Park, LA. It makes sense; folks want to be close to the action without having to drive over an hour to get to and from the Staples Center. So, if you frequent the Staples Center, whether you’re a die-hard Laker’s Season ticket holder, or you just like to be able to grab a cheap seat and catch a game every now and again, WREN apartments in South Park, LA is perfect for you.
WREN Apartments is Near the Staples Center
Wouldn’t it be great to walk to the game? When you live at WREN apartments in South Park, LA, you’re literally minutes from the Staples Center.
Or, if you don’t feel like walking, there’s also public transportation that’ll get you there in just about 5 minutes via the 30/330 bus.
There’s Always Plenty Going on at the Staples Center
If you’re the sort that craves excitement, then finding an apartment near the Staples Center might be the right move for you. Between the world-class athletes that compete there regularly and the star-studded roster of upcoming concerts, there’s always excitement and entertainment to be found at the Staples Center. Here are a few highlights of upcoming events that you’d be wise to snag a ticket for:
Tim Mcgraw & Faith Hill – July 14th and 15th
- The two country icons are back with a globetrotting tour that touches down at the Staples Center this month!
LA Sparks vs Seattle Storm – July 25th 7:30 Pm
- LA’s WNBA squad takes on the Seattle Storm, one of the many matchups that the Sparks are taking on this summer.
Daryl Hall & John Oates and Tears for Fears – July 28th and 29th
- Classic 80’s icons Hall & Oates are teaming up with the other musical heavyweights from the era, Tears for Fears, for a night that promises to be full of dancing and nostalgia.
Kendrick Lamar With Travis Scott – August 6th, 8th, and 9th
- Kendrick Lamar, who some consider to be the best rapper in the game currently, is bringing his live show to Staples at the beginning of next month. This show promises to be exemplary in terms of what the industry’s top-talent can provide in a live setting, not one to be missed!
Ed Sheeran – August 10th-12th
- The Top 40 darling and ‘Shape of You’ Singer is bringing three nights of mellow acoustic-pop hits to the Staples Center, with singer-songwriter James Blunt in tow. This promises to be one of the biggest concerts at Staples Center this Summer.
Big 3 – August 13th 2:00pm
- The Big3 is the American professional 3-on-3 professional basketball league. The entire league is operated and managed by the players, so there’s no courtside politics, just amazing basketball the way it was meant to be played. Games happen all summer long, so if you like Basketball, there may not be a more entertaining Staples Center Event for you to check out!
KCON 2017: LA – August 19th-20th
- KCON is a massive convention that celebrates every element of Hallyu, or Korean Pop Culture, encompassing music, TV, movies, fashion, food, and beauty. Encounter your favorite stars, attend stimulating panels and interactive workshops, and so much more!
Other Fun to be had at the Staples Center
The areas in and around Staples Center have also seen a lot of new developments and additions in the years since the Center was initially built. Here’s all the other fun to be had:
The Star Plaza is an area just outside of the Staples Center that features remarkable statues of some of the most honorable athletes and personalities associated with Los Angeles Sports, including Wayne Gretzky, Magic Johnson, Oscar De La Hoya, Chick Hearn, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Shaquille O’Neal. The statues present a warm reminder of the sports legacy of Los Angeles, and of the Staples Center in particular, to fans as they come and go.
Let’s not forget about LA Live! We’ve blogged about it before but of course, it bears repeating. The Staples Center and The LA convention center are both adjacent to LA Live, a massive entertainment complex in South Park LA. Anything that you might consider missing from Staples or the Convention center is made up for at LA Live. To check out all of their offerings and all that there is to do there, make sure to check out our blog on all things LA Live.
Live in Downtown LA is definitely exciting, but it’s greatly enhanced when you have some of the world’s foremost entertainment venues nice and close by. If you choose to live at WREN, proximity to the Staples Center isn’t the only thing you’ll enjoy. WREN is outfitted to accommodate the fast-paced lifestyle of DTLA today. With a host of thoughtfully curated amenities, as well as fantastic floor plans, modern sleek apartment features, and a totally unbeatable location, what else could you ask for from apartments near the Staples Center?